- Despite not exactly being the biggest Twilight fan, I've come to discover that I'm totally a Jacob/Leah shipper. Late to the party much? So yeah, I already pretty much ignore everything that happened in Breaking Dawn, but especially so now. Speaking of Jacob, is Taylor Lautner still just 17? Because that's not right or fair. He's unjustly making me feel like a dirty old woman.
- After watching this week's Never Mind the Buzzcocks I've developed a slight crush on Dermot O'Leary, which is troublesome considering I barely know who he is. He hosts X Factor, yes?
- Finally started reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I picked up the ultimate edition the other day, five books in one, so I've got a lot of reading to do. Am loving it so far. Douglas Adams had that quirky, funny style that I love so much.
- On the life front, I have yet another interview scheduled for Wednesday. I'm just so tired of getting all stressed out over these interviews and then still having nothing coming from them. So...yeah. Plus with the holidays and my birthday coming up, I'm just feeling kind of old and bleh.
Hopefully my flist is having a better time of it lately than me :)
•Make an LJ post. It can be public or friends only, whatever you’re most comfortable with.
The post should contain your list of ten holiday wishes, and these wishes can be anything - from simple (a fan fiction written about your favorite pairing), to medium (a DVD you want), to really extravagant (a brand new laptop or car).
Just make sure these are wishes for things you really truly want.
•Skim through your friends list and see who has posted their own wish lists.
Then - and this is the most important part - if you find a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make sure that person’s wish comes true.
Sometimes a person’s trash is another person’s treasure.
If you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you’re never going to use, give it to someone who wants it.
• Post this wish list any time after November 1st. Then repost it two weeks before Christmas.
• You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to.
The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday fairy--to spread the joy.
Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
• There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached.
Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive.
And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
I can't say I'm surprised. We were lucky to get a second season. To be honest the only thing I'll truly miss is seeing Olivia Williams on screen every week, because Adelle DeWitt was a badass. And Fran Kranz, I really grew to love him as well. Oh, and Enver. Truthfully, despite my love of all things Whedon, the thing I'll really miss most is the cast and not so much the show.
But Eastwick was cancelled too and that makes me all kinds of sad. I really grew to enjoy that show. It wasn't great or anything, but it was fun. Plus Darren from A Very Potter Musical was in it and he was completely adorable.
And yet somehow Smallville remains on the air? (I just love when the SV producers are asked about Sam Witwer and they go on and about how much they want him back and how they love him. Newsflash, after the way you destroyed the character of Davis Bloome, Sam Witwer does not love you.)
My best friend, who lost her job in July, just got hired at Citibank doing wills and debt consolidation. Never mind that it is a position she is wholly unqualified for, as her only previous job experience has been a hostess at Marie Calendars, I actually am quite happy for her. She is in real need of the income.
But at the same time, I sit here having just filled out my third application in the past three days, jobless and without even a hint of an interview on the horizon. And she got the job without really putting any effort out. She filed for unemployment and Citibank found her resume (as shoddy as it is) through there and hired her. I can't go through unemployment. You know why? Because I was a full time student earning my degree, so I wasn't working.
You know what she's been doing the past few years? Dropping out of college every couple semesters (she gets bored and stops going to class, she's on academic probation right now) and working like ten hours a week at a restaurant and bitching about it the whole time.
I just...she does nothing and gets a job I can guarantee she has no clue how to do. I apply practically daily for jobs I could do in my sleep and hear nothing, for almost a year straight now.
I really am resisting the urge to curl into a ball and wallow in depression for the foreseeable future.
*Spoilers for 2x02 and 2x03*
( Arthur and Guinevere: Stares of an Awkward, Confused, Curious, and Loving Nature. )
Okay, so as I've said before, I'm in an arsty mood. Therefore I'm taking requests. You want icons, a header, wallpapers? Just let me know.
- If you only want icons, I'll try to make you about 5-10.
- If you want headers or wallpapers I will need to know the size you'd like (800x600, 1200x800, etc.).
- Any fandom/theme is fine. I have a good stock of Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible, Firefly, Bones, Harry Potter, Supernatural, True Blood/Alexander Skarsgard, Veronica Mars, Merlin, Twilight and Smallville photos (as well as many other fandoms). If your request is a bit more obscure or you have a specific picture in mind to use, a link would be helpful.
- This post will be open indefinitely, so feel free to make as many requests as you'd like until I decide to close it.
Games, graphics contests, writing contests, you name it they have it, and it's all Supernatural related. Just sign up and join one of four teams: Team Castiel, Team Dean, Team Sam, and Team Lucifer.
(A cookie to anyone who can guess which team I belong to ;)
To recap you find the previous chapters here:
Spoilers: Future!Fic. General spoilers for both Season 3 of Supernatural and Season 7 of Smallville.
Summary: Secret identities are a bitch.
Disclaimer: I own nothing and have nothing to give you, so please do a girl a favor and don’t sue.
( Chapter 2 )
From Quiet Reflection Will Come Action
Author: Jami ( spikeysgrl18 )
Character(s): Claire Saunders
Summary: Five years were almost up.
Spoilers: for the entire first season of Dollhouse, especially the finale.
Disclaimer: I don’t own this show nor the characters from it. They all belong to Joss, who is infinitely more creative, wise, and undoubtedly wealthy than me.
( Maybe she deserved her scars. )
Karl Urban now:
( Karl Urban then: )
Dollhouse is available for pre-order on dvd, so hopefully if they get a lot of orders Fox might renew the show.
All in all, Fox sucks. What else is new?